Updated: Nov 8, 2022
BATON ROUGE, La. — Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin is reminding everyone that Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022 is Election Day for the Open Congressional Primary Election.
In preparation for the election, Secretary Ardoin encourages voters to remember:
● Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
● Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.GeauxVote.com.
● Voters may also utilize the virtual voter assistant, GeauxBot, to access pertinent election information. GeauxBot is accessible by visiting voterportal.sos.la.gov or by selecting Elections and Voting on sos.la.gov.
● Voters can sign up for text alerts via GeauxVote Mobile.
● Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card, a generally recognized picture identification card with name and signature such as a passport, or a digital license via LA Wallet).
● Election results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile or at www.sos.la.gov.
For more information, please contact our Elections Division at 800.883.2805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REVIEW SAMPLE BALLOTS
Sample ballots are populated approximately three weeks before each election.
Get the app! Download GeauxVote Mobile to see what's on the ballot, where to vote, and to get instant election results.
Search by candidates
Search by name or address in the Voter Portal on our website
The precinct sample ballot search enables voters anywhere in the state to view and print individual precinct-level ballots for all Louisiana elections. (You must have a ward and precinct number to use this application.)
Visit Election Results and select the 'Parish' tab.